In this detailed guide, we will show you how to stretch tennis shoes at home without any problem.
Regardless of whether you are trying to fit in your old pair of tennis shoes or you want to use your younger sibling’s shoes, tight shoes can be quite annoying. Remember that there is a difference between men’s tennis shoes and women’s tennis shoe fitting.
The good thing here is that you can stretch the old tennis shoes to get a proper fit.
That being said, let’s jump straight to the details.
Table of Contents
Stretching Tennis Shoes at Home
There are a variety of different methods that you can follow to stretch your tennis shoes. Below, we have mentioned three of the most popular methods for increasing the tennis shoe size.
- The Freezing Method
- The Heating Method
1. The Freezing Method – How to Stretch Tennis Shoes
The freezing method is perhaps the most convenient method that you can use for increasing your shoe size. This method is pretty simple, straightforward, and above all, works like a charm.
Here are the Steps for Increasing Tennis Shoe Size Using the Freezing Method:
- Firstly, you need to fill the water in sealable water bags.
- You need to make the shoe a tight fit without any leakage.
- Now, put the shoes in a separate bag (to avoid any smell in the freezer compartment).
- Leave the shoe overnight in the freezer compartment.
- In the morning, take out the shoe and wait for the melting of the ice.
- Voila! Now, your shoe size should be increased by half size or two.
2. The Heating Method – How to Stretch Tennis Shoes
If the freezing method is not your take, then you can use the heating method for expanding the size of your tennis shoes at home with the help of your hairdryer.
Here are the Steps for Increasing Tennis Shoe Size Using the Heating Method:
- First of all, wear two pairs of wool socks, and wear tennis shoes (you may feel a title bit crumbled).
- Now, take the hairdryer, put it in medium settings, and slowly start blowing heat on all the sides.
- Keep repeating the process until you get a proper fit.
There are times when we need to stretch tennis shoes to get a proper fit. In this detailed blog post, we have compiled three different methods that you can use to stretch your shoes.
By following these methods, you can easily increase your shoe size by half or one size, which is amazing.
You can tell us what you think of these methods in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How Much Can We Stretch the Tennis Shoes?
You can stretch the tennis shoe size anywhere from half to one size. Keep in mind that, the stretching capability of the shoe varies from shoe to shoe and material to material.
2. How Can Freezing Water Increase the Shoe Size?
The volume of the water expands when it is frozen. We take advantage of this science law to break the shoe. So, you can get a proper fit.
3. Is the Shoe Heating Method Safe for Shoe?
Yes, the shoe heating method is 100% safe. All you need to ensure is that you do not run it on high settings.